Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services in the United States, with shows like Modern Family and The Handmaid’s Tale available in their entirety.
Hulu has a large content library and live TV shows from networks and production houses, and viewing can be a fantastic experience.
However, if you ask how to watch Hulu in Australia, you’ll learn that you can’t because of the many streaming rights in place, or you can find Hulu available in Australia if you use a VPN provider to spoof your location.
Unfortunately, not every VPN has the means to get around the restrictions Hulu has in place, and it can ruin your streaming experience if you pick the wrong one.
- Subscribe and download a premium streaming VPN service that comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. (We recommend ExpressVPN)
- Open the virtual private network app and sign in with your credentials.
- From the server list, connect to a US-based server.
- Navigate to the Hulu website or Hulu app. Sign-up for Hulu and then sign in to your Hulu account.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to stream Hulu in Australia the best way possible. It takes a premium VPN and some magic to bypass the payment section of the streaming platform.
By the end of this guide, you’ll have a much better understanding of how to unblock Hulu in Australia and how the best VPNs bypass the geo-restrictions in place.
Best Hulu Australia VPNs
1. ExpressVPN – Fast VPN to Stream Hulu
VPN software is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android TV, Apple devices, and mobile devices via ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN has over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. It also has 28 server locations throughout the United States, making it ideal to access Hulu in Australia using specific servers if Hulu regional variations exist.
You can get router firmware and connect to an infinite number of devices simultaneously rather than the usual five on your internet connection. You can use the ExpressVPN Media Streamer DNS service on any computing device that doesn’t have software to watch Hulu in Australia.
If you bypass geo-restrictions and get Hulu in Australia, you can watch Hulu shows and movies on Apple TV, Xbox One, PS3/ PS4, PS5 or Smart TV.
ExpressVPN masks your IP address, allowing you to access streaming services such as Hulu in Australia. ExpressVPN has several privacy features, AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch (Network Lock), IP and DNS leak protection, split tunnelling, and a strict zero-logging policy.
New subscribers can take advantage of the risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee to try out all the functionality and performance. You also have various payment types to choose from, such as credit card, PayPal, or cryptocurrency, to stay anonymous, among others.
2. NordVPN – Unblock Hulu in Australia
NordVPN is a great way to watch Hulu in Australia because of its high level of stability. You can use the software on up to six devices at once, and they support most major platforms, including Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. You can find manual configuration for any streaming device without an app.
You can also compare functionality and results with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you get stuck, you can contact live chat help or consult the website’s knowledge base.
The VPN provider has 15 server locations in the USA containing streaming servers to bypass geo-restrictions on Hulu, US Netflix, SlingTV, iPlayer, and other streaming services. The entire network has over 5000 servers available globally.
The NordVPN SmartPlay mode blends the best features of VPN and DNS technologies to make streaming more versatile, secure, and worry-free. The VPN maintains a zero-logs policy, employs military-grade encryption, provides an ad-blocker, and includes malware security besides the kill switch.
3. Surfshark – Cheap and Reliable VPN Provider
Another choice for watching Hulu in Australia is Surfshark. More than 3200 VPN servers are now available in 65 countries and more than 20 Hulu server locations across the USA.
Hulu is straightforward to use with a VPN server from Surfshark. You can stream in HD and access the best Hulu Australia shows and movies, along with countless other streaming services. Surfshark quickly bypasses geo-restrictions for major streaming services like US Netflix, HBO Max, iPlayer, and more.
Surfshark allows you to stream on an unlimited number of devices at the same time. With AES 256-bit strong encryption, security for IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks, the VPN keeps online activities private. You will also find a kill switch, ad-blocker, tracker, and malware protection. The business follows a zero-log policy and undergoes audits to ensure its security practices are upheld.
This VPN for macOS, Android, Windows, iOS, Xbox One, and Linux allows you to watch Hulu in Australia. On routers, manual configuration is possible, and to test all this and more, you can try it out for 30 days with a money-back guarantee.
How to Get Hulu in Australia (Detailed Step by step)
When you ask is Hulu available in Australia and find out it isn’t, you need to go through this section carefully.
Hulu offers three plans as standard to subscribers.
- Ad-supported plan, which costs $5.99 per month (about AUD 8.50) – 1-month free trial
- No ads plan, which costs $11.99 per month – 1-month free trial
- Hulu Live TV plan, which costs $64.99 per month (you can pay more for no ads) – 1-week free trial
Once you access Hulu in Australia, you can access the latest episodes the day after they air on the network in most instances. The streaming platform also lets you create up to 6 user profiles for the entire family, and you can access Hulu on 2-screens at once on lower plans without live TV.
You can upsize your plan with add-ons to get Hulu plus the following add-ons: Showtime, HBO Max, Starz, and Cinemax, with an additional cost.
Hulu with Live TV offers unlimited Screens for more people watching HD content on Hulu, plus enhanced cloud DVR.
Here you can find easy-to-follow steps on how to sign up and watch Hulu in Australia:
Subscribe and download one of the recommended streaming VPN services. Use the 30-day money-back guarantee to test without risk.
- Open the VPN app and sign in using account details.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Navigate to the Hulu website or Hulu app and proceed with the sign-up procedure or log in to your Hulu account if you have signed up already.
Should you ask, can you get Hulu in Australia? You have one hurdle to get over. It is when you pay, you may find an issue.
It may appear a challenge, yet your VPN hides your IP address and gives you an American IP address. You’ll find this the easiest part of the process.
When you try to pay for Hulu, Australia, it can appear tricky, although, use these steps, and it’s no harder to get Hulu in Australia than many other streaming platforms.
Here are the best ways you get to bypass this payment issue, and while it appears tough to crack, it’s not impossible.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN from our recommendations and connect to a US server
- For Android users: Open Google Play Store – Add another account – Add a new Gmail account – Reopen Google Play with a new US account
- For iOS: Head to the Apple app store – Apple ID – Change region to the US
- Navigate to the relevant app store, and search for the Hulu app. Download it and install it on your streaming devices
- Open the Hulu app, then sign in with your credentials, and watch Hulu in Australia
How to Pay for Hulu from Australia
Use Friends or Family
If you know anyone in the USA, then it can be the easiest solution to Access Hulu in Australia.
- Log into your VPN and select a US-based server
- Navigate to the Hulu homepage
- Click “Start your free trial.”
- On the “Choose Your Plan” page, pick your plan and add-ons
- Next, enter your email address, password, name, birth date, and gender. Click “Continue.”
- You then need to add billing info. Add your family’s or someone you know credit card details.
- Hulu asks for a zip code. Ensure this is from the US and not in Australia and matches the state the credit card is from.
- Click “Submit” to enable your Hulu account.
Don’t try to use a virtual credit card from Australia; Hulu won’t accept these as a payment method.
Sign Up for Hulu Using Gift Cards
For most individuals, this is the only solution. Make sure you have your VPN, and you have connected to a US server; you also need to have your Gift Card number ready.
You can find these gift cards available in values of $25 or $50. You can purchase them from Mygiftcardsupply.com, or you can purchase them directly from PayPal.
Online retailers charge a little extra on top. Select your gift card supplier, and you will get the code sent to your email address.
- Navigate to secure.hulu.com/start/gifting, which is the gift card redemption page.
- Enter your gift card code in the box on the screen
- Select “Redeem.”
- Now, you’re directed to the Select Plan page.
- Select a plan suitable for your gift card value (ads, or no ads plan, or even the Hulu with Live TV)
- Enter your details with a US postal code, and click “Create.” (Don’t add an Australia zip code)
- Confirm your plan information, and click “Submit” to sign up and pay.
- Once your card is accepted, you can start your Hulu free trial to stream Hulu in Australia and watch the best TV shows and movies using your premium VPN service.
Remember, Hulu Zip Code is for one inside the USA and not one available in Australia. Also, if your VPN isn’t running, you will see the “Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location” error.
How to Choose the Best Hulu VPN for Australia
When choosing Hulu VPNs, you need one that offers the best thing possible in several areas. Your choice needs to deliver a combination of significant network coverage, download speeds, connection stability, and lots of device support.
Each of our options covers all these and offers more strengths than each other besides effectively being able to unblock Hulu in Australia. Hulu, like Netflix, is clamping down on VPN use, and the number that can effectively bypass the geo-restrictions reduces significantly.
Outside of making Hulu available in Australia, privacy is, of course, another very important consideration to think about.
There is more than your Hulu VPN for Australia keeping your data safe by not logging or recording your activities and selling it to third parties. It also needs to stop your ISP from seeing what you are doing online and preventing them from retaining useful data for 2-years.
Finally, one of the things they ought to offer is a 30-day money-back guarantee. It will be vital to test the features and performance of your VPN to watch Hulu in Australia, as the country isn’t as accessible as Europe or the USA. ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and Surfshark all offer a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can check and compare the features and services they offer if you like.
How much is Hulu in Australia?
Hulu costs $5.99/ month (about AUD 8.50), $11.99/ month with no ads, and Hulu with Live TV costs $64.99/ month.
What is on Hulu
Hulu has a great deal of content from over 65 TV networks from the United States. Sample channels are
- A&E, ABC, ACC Network, Animal Planet
- Bravo, Cartoon Network & Adult Swim
- CBS, CBS Sports, CNBC, CNN
- Discovery Channel, Disney Channel/ DIY network,
- ESPN/2, Food Network, FOX, FS1/2, FX/ FXM/ FXX
- History, National Geographic
- SEC Network, SYFY, TBS/ TCM, The CW, USA Network, Viceland
You can also watch regular Hulu plus further add-ons like the Entertainment addon that offers a range of extra channels such as:
- American Heroes Channel
- CNBC World, Cooking Channel, Crime + Investigation
- Destination America
- Discovery Family, Discovery Life
- DIY, Great American Country
- Military History Channel & Science
You can further expand your viewing opportunities with other great add-ons. Here are some of the current best TV shows and movies you can watch on Hulu right now.
Best Hulu TV Shows
- Pawn Stars
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- The Hardy Boys
- The X-Files
- Grey’s Anatomy
- American Horror Story
- Killing Eve
- Rick and Morty
- Sons of Anarchy
- Veronica Mars
- Key & Peele
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Adventure Time
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Broad City
- Samurai Champloo
- Cowboy Bebop
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- Castle Rock
- Twin Peaks
Best Hulu Movies
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
- Palm Springs
- The Nice Guys
- Gone Girl
- The Painter and the Thief
- The Truman Show
- The Firm
- Sorry to Bother You
- Professor Marston and the Wonder Women
- The Cabin in the Woods
- District 9
Hulu Compatible Devices
- Android phones and tablets, Android TV, Apple TV
- Chromecast, Fire Tablets
- iPhones and iPads, and other mobile devices
- LG Smart TV and Samsung Smart TV
- Mac and PC browsers
- Xbox One gaming console
- Roku and Roku Stick
What is Hulu?
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials. It takes content from networks and various production houses to deliver an extensive library of comedy, drama, factual and thrillers for your enjoyment.
Who owns Hulu?
Disney and Comcast own the streaming service. Disney has a majority stake and will take full ownership in 2024
When will Hulu be available in Australia?
If you think to ask, is Hulu available in Australia? There were talks of a global rollout, but these have not progressed. Hulu may never arrive in Australia, or it will be delayed until Disney takes over Hulu completely.
What is the difference between Hulu and Hulu Plus?
When Hulu was first released, there was a free tier which was Hulu, and Hulu Plus was the paid-for option. Hulu Plus only exists in the Hulu + Live TV plan to watch live TV when you stream Hulu in Australia.
Which is best, Hulu or Netflix?
Netflix has the widest selection of movies and television shows, although most of these will be dated somewhat. Hulu offers a smaller library and current TV shows from the top TV channels right after they air on the broadcasting network. The base plan of Hulu is ad-supported, while Netflix offers an ad-free experience.
Is it legal to use a VPN to get Hulu in Australia?
Using a VPN to access Hulu streaming service is 100% legal, although you could go against the Hulu terms of service.
Can I watch Hulu on Roku?
You can watch Hulu on your Roku Player after adding the Hulu channel and have subscribed to Hulu + Live TV package.
What Else Can I Watch with VPN?
When you use a VPN, you can watch numerous video-on-demand streaming services such as US Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, etc. You can also access many free video streaming services such as Sony Crackle, Peacock, ABC (US), TVPlayer, Channel 4, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub (UK), and many more.
Hulu in Australia may appear to be a lot of effort. However, it is one of the few streaming platforms to offer so much diversity. Many of the top-rated shows go to Hulu, and you would otherwise need several streaming services for access to them.
When you use a VPN service, you can access content that is suitable for all the family. The lowest plan of on-demand offers an experience that rivals Netflix and has many Hulu originals that make compulsive viewing.